Ya know how that one day that you r-e-a-l-l-y need a nap ends up to be the one day that your baby doesn’t want to take his? Well I discovered a couple of unexpected (non-caffeinated – which doesn’t mean that I don’t do the caffeine sometimes too) pick-me-ups to get me over the hump in the late afternoon before dinner needs to be done. Just thought I’d pass them on:
1. Drink water. Being dehydrated can make us grumpy, tired, and head achey. If you find this a pattern in the early afternoon, you may not be lacking sleep as much as water. I didn’t believe this until I made a concerted effort (somewhat out of desperation) to drink more water throughout the day. I am now a believer in hydrating to battle fatigue.
2. Mom-nap. You know the kind: doze off on the sofa for 15 minutes while your littles watch a video or play in the room you are in. I find 15 minutes does wonders.
3. Brush your teeth. Seriously. You will be amazed at how rejuvenating it is to your whole body.
4. Go outside (just outside the front door) for 2 minutes. even if it is freezing. Take a few deep breaths. Walk back in. 🙂
5. PRAY. Ask for that extra energy to deal with the remainder of the day. It’s the obvious, but so easy to forget.
What’s your can’t-get-a-nap-in but I’m really tired pick-me-up?