I have been on the lookout for whole grain breakfast recipes that are easy to make (so if you have a good one, please do post it!). My latest find is this oatmeal pancake recipe. You make the dry mix, keep it in the fridge and add the eggs, water, and oil when you’re ready to make a batch. These are very filling so you don’t need to make quite as many as you would a regular pancake. We top them with sweet apples (cut up apples, add a little butter, a little sugar & cinnamon, and microwave til they’re soft).Ingredients
- 4 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup non-fat dry milk
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1. Combine all ingredients and stir to mix well. Store in refrigerator.
- 2. Makes about 8 cups.
- 3. Directions for cooking pancakes:
- 4. In a medium mixing bowl, beat 2 eggs. Beat in 1/3 cup of vegetable oil gradually. Alternately beat in 2 cups pancake mix and 1 cup of water. Pour in large spoonfuls into a lightly greased skillet over medium-high heat, and cook until the tops show broken bubbles, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and cook about 2 to 3 minutes more,
- 5. until golden brown. Makes about 12 5-inch pancakes.