When I was pondering verse 11 the other day, I kept trying to think of what areas Jason should be able to trust me in. I found myself asking questions like this:
1. Can he trust my marital fidelity? does he know my heart is his and no one else’s?
2. Can he trust me with his reputation? do I make him look good? am I careful not to share anything that would cast a negative view of my husband?
3. Can he trust me to live within our means?
4. Can he trust me to run the house in such a way that shelters him from unnecessarily taking on burdens of home management?
5. Can he trust that my heart is here at home serving him and our children? am I pursuing my own interests to the neglect of what serves him?
6. Can he trust that when he is not in the home (away for extended periods of time) that I will run things the way he would want me to?
I found this teaching by Nancy Leigh DeMoss to be helpful for verses 11 and 12.
What insights do you have about this verse? I’d love to hear from you.