These are some quick and easy recipes for summer cooking (who wants to be in a hot kitchen when the outdoors beckons?).
My mother’s famous crock pot roast
(this is one she makes when the whole family comes over after church – we love it!)
A can of cream of mush. (chicken/ celery if you have non-mushroomers) soup
One packet of lipton onion soup mix.
Put the roast in first, cover with can of soup, sprinkle with powder soup, set on low, let it cook 6-8 hours.
*add chopped potatoes, carrots and onions for a yummy side dish
Linda Young’s honey mustard chicken
1. cut up chicken breast (we do bite size – easier with the kids) and cook in a chef’s pan
2. combine cream of chicken soup, honey, and mustard (we like it sweet, but you tweak the flavour however your family likes it).
3. add honey mustard to chicken pieces, heat through.
4. serve over rice (we use $.99 minute rice from Aldi’s)
1. cook boneless country-style spare ribs to death in your slow cooker (cheap at B.J’s) (6-8 hours on low)
2. shred the meat with two forks
3. let the family pick from an array of bbq sauces (or just put your choice on it)
4. Serve on a bun
*note: this is a great after church on Sunday meal (my sister brought the idea back home to me after she ate this at a gal’s house in Florida after visiting her church)
Easy Italian Chicken
1. Put 4 chicken breasts in a pan
2. Cover with canned spaghetti sauce
3. bake till chicken is cooked (45 minutes at 350?)
4. add mozerella on top; melt it
5. serve with/ over pasta
Easy Mexican Chicken
Do the same as above but instead of spaghetti sauce, mozerella, and pasta… make it salsa, cheddar/ monterey jack, and rice
I would love to hear your favorite “throw it together” meal. Post away my bloggin’ buddies.